Camping passes are $60 per person. Only weekend pass holders can camp. Camping passes do not include entry to the festival, and weekend passes do not include a camping pass. Camping passes will not be mailed out. They are will-call only.
Please read the full Camping Info page BEFORE making your purchase. By making your purchase you agree with all camping terms.
• When you purchase your camping pass, you can choose the Family Camping option. Family camping will be reserved for those seeking more peaceful camping surroundings with a noise curfew, and will be located in a separate section of the camp ground. We’re asking you to choose your option so we can guage how many campers will want to be in this separate area.
• All campers in the general camping area must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid I.D. Sorry, no exceptions.
• Campers under 18 will only be allowed in the Family Camping area, and must be accompanied by a legal guardian at all times. Children under 13 camp for free.
• Each camping attendee must have a Weekend Pass wristband in addition to a camping wristband for entrance.
• Camping is rain or shine.
WHERE WILL I CAMP?
A large area in the ranch will be sectioned off to accommodate camping. Basic camping is first-come-first-serve, so arrive early to get your preferred spot. Campers, be aware and respectful of the space you’re taking up with your tent. Each tent should take up no more than a 15 x 15 foot area. We’re not going to be walking around with measuring tapes or anything – just be respectful of these guidelines.
I WANT TO BRING MY RV OR CAMPER – HOW DOES THAT WORK?
RVs and campers under 25 ft will be charged $100 to park. Over 25 ft the fee is $150. There are no hookups. If you absolutely need power we can work something out fair on site – we’re still working out costs. Everyone in your RV must have a camping pass. You’ll have access to the camping amenities listed below, but you will need to park on the perimeter of the camping area. No vehicles are allowed in the camping area, and locking parking blocks may be installed on your vehicle for safety.
RVs and campers must arrive by noon on Friday, and must leave by noon on Monday.
Just as with camping, RV’s are only allowed for those with a weekend pass to the festival.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THE CAMPING PASS?
• Entry to the camping area.
• Access to camping area facilities, including showers and portable restrooms.*
• 24 hour security.
• 24 hour cafe and general store.
* These portable restrooms are not port-a-potties. Portable restrooms have sinks and flushable toilets and require a lot of water (we have to truck the water into the ranch), so there will be a limited number of these – and there will likely be a line. So if you can’t do without a “regular” restroom, we’ve got you covered. We will also have port-o-potties, hand washing stations etc. for quick and easy access.
PREMIUM AND TENT RENTAL OPTIONS
Premium camping and tent rental options, unfortunately, will not be available at the festival due to issues beyond our control.
REI, a national recreational equipment store with 3 locations in and around Austin, rents camping gear at the following locations:
• Austin – Downtown | (512) 482-3357
• Austin – Gateway | (512) 343-5550
• Round Rock | (512) 255-1938
CAMPGROUND SECURITY AND HELP
There will be 24-hour security in the campground. In addition, a volunteer based Campsite Assistance Team (CAT) will be in the campground area 24 hours a day to provide basic information and assistance.
If you want to voice a concern about litter, a problem with the facilities or perhaps you’re concerned about someone’s behaviour – let them know! They’ll try their best to help.
If you’re interested in volunteering to be a CAT please complete the form here.
ON-SITE RULES AND REGULATIONS
These rules are set it place to create a safe, enjoyable camping experience and to comply with Texas state law and our insurance requirements.
• Only festival attendees with a camping wristband will be allowed in the camping area.
• Use of open fire is prohibited. This area of Texas is under a “burn ban”. Open fire includes campfires, charcoal grills, Tiki torches, candles, oil lamps and alike. No fireworks or any types of explosives are permitted.
• No portable generators will be allowed. No heating appliances are allowed.
• No pets will be allowed on the campground, sorry!
• If it’s illegal in Texas, it’s illegal on the festival grounds, please keep this in mind.
• No outside alcohol.
• No glass containers.
• No weapons.
• No amplified instruments or stereos (just keep it to yourself).
• No motorized vehicles of any kind will be allowed in the campgrounds – just park and hike a few hundred feet in.
• We’ll have “streets” running through the campground to be used for walking through the campground and as emergency lanes – keep these clear.
• No selling of any items is allowed in the campground area. No branded items may be handed out or distributed in campgrounds without written consent.
• What you bring is what you should take back with you, except for general trash and recycling items such as plastic bottles. Please recycle.
• Family camping and premium camping areas will be restricted to people with the appropriate passes.
• A noise curfew in the Family Camping Area starts at midnight.
• Security will be on-site at all times. The security team is on-site to ensure patron safety; they are not responsible for the security of your personal items.
• Carson Creek Ranch and Austin Psych Fest are not responsible for any materials misplaced, lost or stolen. It is recommended you don’t bring valuable items, or if you do, lock them in your car or keep them on you.
• First Aid personnel will be available at the festival 24/7. Please practice due diligence with your own personal safety as well as the safety of others.
• The festival is close to several residential neighborhoods. When coming and going from the campground, please be mindful and respectful of our neighbors when driving or walking.
WHAT SHOULD CAMPERS BRING?
• An appropriately sized tent. If you are one person, there is no reason you should have a family sized tent unless other campers will be sharing it with you. Please be respectful of the space you take up with your tent.
• A lock for your tent for safekeeping while you’re away
• An air mattress or cot to sleep on
• A sleeping bag or blankets, and a pillow to sleep comfortably
• Flashlight or other light-providing device to see at night
• Personal items, towels, toothbrush, and items to shower with
• Reusable bottles, plates, cups, and eating utensils. Help us reduce waste in the campground! Water will be available to wash dishes.
• A cooler and ice for food items that need to stay cold. Ice will be available for sale.
• Snacks, drinks, and food. These items will not be allowed out of the camp ground area.
• If you forget to bring any of the items above, there will be a 24 hours General Store where they may be purchased, but please keep in mind selection and availability will be limited.
• The festival will have plenty of food options provided by our local food vendors. A 24 hour diner will also be available serving up delicious food.
PARKING FOR CAMPERS
Once you arrive at the festival you will be directed to the camping entrance. There you can park your car, move in for the weekend, and move out at the end of the weekend.
Cars will not be allowed to pull into the campsite area. As you will not be parked next to your campsite, be prepared to walk your camping gear into the site. It is not a far walk, but handcarts are encouraged. If you will desire in and out access throughout the weekend, be sure to tell the parking attendant.
Austin Psych Fest will send directions and more details as the festival dates approach.
Check-in is located at the campground will-call table. There you will receive your camping wristband that must remain on and intact for the weekend. No wristband = no campground entry.
On-site camping opens April 26th on Friday morning at 9am, and closes on Monday, April 29th at 2pm. Early arrival is highly recommended so you can stake out your spot.
All camping attendees may be subject to search upon entry. Please refer to the on-site rules and regulations above for a list of prohibited items.
TIPS FOR HAPPY CAMPERS
• Follow all festival camping rules.
• Remember – this is your home for the weekend, and you have neighbors. Please display the same courtesy you would at your own home, and respect the people and space around you. We ask that you not bother property that is not yours, and that you keep your area clean and dispose of trash and recycled goods in the proper manner.
• Enjoy Austin Psych Fest in a responsible manner – we look forward to seeing you again next year!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org